Saturday, June 23, 2007

How Not to Conduct a Survey

The New York Times asks me this morning,

Sorry for the interuption.
Hello! You have been chosen to participate in an important survey from Dynamic Logic, a respected 3rd party research company. This is for RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. We are not selling anything. Your answers are grouped anonymously.

I answer affirmatively. I get:

Thank you for your interest. You cannot take this survey because you do not enable questionmarket.com cookies.

Curiously, I don't block cookies from that site. But it does make you wonder why they couldn't have designed the survey software to not need a cookie in the first place. Perhaps this was just their way of saying “Our site doesn't work with Firefox”? (If so, hurrah for Firefox.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your interest. You cannot take this survey because you do not enable questionmarket.com cookies.

Well hell, it could have told us how to enable questionmarket.com cookies. I'm using Internet Explorer 8.0. I was really trying to be helpful and take the survey.